Monday, August 30, 2010

GOSSIP

My name is gossip.
I have no respect for justice. I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives. I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age. The more I am quoted, the more I am believed. I flourish at every level of society. My victims are helpless. They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face. To track me down is impossible. The harder you try, the more elusive I become. I am nobody's friend.

Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same. I topple governments and ruin marriages. I end ministries set up by God. I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches, and indigestion. I spawn suspicion and generate grief. I make innocent people cry in their pillows. Even my name hisses.

I am called gossip. Church gossip. Office gossip. Shop gossip. Party gossip. Telephone gossip. Online gosseip.

I make headlines and headaches!

Before you repeat a story, ask yourself: IS IT TRUE? IS IT FAIR? IS IT NECESSARY? WOULD I WANT IT DONE TO ME?
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

No comments:

Post a Comment