Sunday, March 6, 2011

Heart

Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life.

Being over 60 years old, my heart has already beat more than 2 billion times. When my heart stops, it will be too late to change my ways. So I've got to watch my weight, get more exercise, and begun watching not only what I eat but also what's eating me.

This last point relates to another vital organ called "the heart", our spiritual heart. It too has throbbed millions of times with thoughts, affections, and choices. In the heart we determine how we will speak, behave, and respond to circumstances (Prov. 4:23). Will we trust the Lord and choose to be gracious, patient, and loving? Or will we yield to pride, greed, and bitterness?

Today's Scripture reading emphasizes the importance of caring for our heart. Are we keeping spiritually fit?

Weight: Do we need to lose the weight of unnecessary burdens and cares?
Pulse: Are we maintaining a steady rhythm of gratitude and praise?
Blood pressure: Is our trust greater than our anxiety?
Diet: Are we enjoying the life-giving nutrients of the Word of God?

Have you checked your heart lately? To keep spiritually fit, consult with the Great Physician.
Copied.

No comments:

Post a Comment